Trying to come up with a fun way to keep user’s on your site? Try the Interaction Points jQuery plugin. It’s a simple script that enables a point system for your site’s users. It’s fully customizable and is easily integrated into existing point systems. There’s nothing like a little competition to keep people engaged and coming back to your site.
This is also great from and SEO perspective to boost your site’s CTR and decrease its bounce rate. It will keep your users active while they surf and is perfect for gaming sites and other user interactive sites.
- Allows you to customize your own script to handle storing and processing user points
- Users only occur points when their actually doing something
- Set how many points the user earns each second while being active on the site
- Allows additional data to be passed to your script
- Includes a debugging feature to help you track down problems
- Control how often the script get’s pinged to update user points
It’s simple to integrate. Just include the JS and modify the script that handles the post information to suit your site’s needs.
Here’s a sample PHP script you can use as a template to create your own:
I haven’t had a chance to throughly test it in all browsers, but don’t foresee any problems. If you run into any, let me know and I’ll get it fixed and updated. Let me know what you think!